Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm a Mom!!!

At some point I will sit down and type out my whole birth story. It was such a blur, which is good since the epidural couldn't keep up (ouch). But right now, I just want to jot down my thoughts on my first week of "motherhood".

  • This is by far the biggest and most wonderful thing I have ever done.
  • I could spend hours staring at Sophia
  • Breastfeeding is challenging. It takes a lot out of you. Not giving up.
  • The Halo Sleep Sack may have saved Bill and I from insanity. 
  • 2 - 3 hours of sleep a few times a night is bearable ...
  • My poor nipples will never be the same.... think power sander.
  • Changing diapers is SO not a big deal. Can't believe I was worried about it. 
  • I get up several times a night just to check that she is breathing. 
  • I just want to kiss her little cheeks all day long.
  • The best part of my day is right after any feeding when Sophia falls asleep snuggled right up on my chest.
  • Stella is like a second mommy. She gets anxious and whines if Sophia is crying. Its very cute. She also may think the bassinet is a cage and does not like it when we put Sophia down in it.
  • I am already sad that Sophia is going to get bigger. I want her to stay this little forever. 
  • Bill is an amazing father. Just like I knew he would be. 
  • Its crazy how quickly your stomach starts to flatten out. C section swelling is prolonging it but its pretty nuts when you can suddenly see your feet.
  • My whole day is totally dictated by what Sophia needs. And I am fine with it :)
  • I am so glad that I read a bunch of baby books before she came. They are so helpful and I would have no time for them now. 
  • I don't even mind waking up at 1 and 3 am to feed her. Its nice to be so close to her. 
  • You really do fall in love like you never thought possible.

1 comment:

  1. cute blog post mom. love the comment about your nipples - so funny!

    i knew you'd take to this so well. so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete