Monday, August 8, 2011

Momma Said

There'd be days like this: WARNING...this is not a warm and fuzzy day in the life of a mom post. Its more of a FML post...don't feel compelled to read it.  Sorry bear with me...

If you know me, you know I'm an animal lover. I have 3 pets and would have the equivalent of Noah's Ark if I was allowed to (Bill is sane and won't let me). Anyway, I donate to every animal related cause possible and have to change the channel when sad animal commericals come on because I can't stand it.
So, today when I accidentally ran over a cat that ran out in front of my car...I pretty much lost my shit. I cried the whole way home and now realize that I will have to drive back by it tomorrow on my way to work. I am already dreading it and want to go back now to bury it but know that I will never recover if I try to do it and won't be able to even if I try. I am tearing up just thinking about it.

When I got home my lovely daughter decided that 16 month olds DO NOT need to nap and threw the first all out nap rebellion in recent months.
Then my brand new iPhone 4 basically shit the bed after a routine software update and I had to restore it to factory settings and then fortunately since i backed it up...reload it.

Shortly after that I was 5 seconds to late letting my dog outside while she was hunch backed and making "horking" noises to  then puked all over the kitchen floor and the area rug by the door she didn't make it out.  Sophia found this to be an amazing sight and got very upset that I wouldn't let her play in it and pitched a fit. While trying to keep her from the pile of puke, I stepped in it.

I am going running (its actually more like a fast shuffle but whatevs). Then I am drinking my dinner and going to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Where are you working? (don't you just love how after reading about your shitty day that's my question)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There"ll be days like this.... my Momma said. Or like Cheers. Making your way through the world today takes everything you got... No matter who said it best. Sometime today sucks. If you're luck enough to have tomorrow, it's a bright new day. Virtual hugs to you for makin it through. XXXXXXXXX
    ps. duct tape fixes everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel- I work for Malstrom Electric 2 days a week doing clerical work ;)

    Anna- thats why I love you :)

    ReplyDelete