Friday, June 3, 2011

Why There are Minivans

I am not a minivan driver. I plan to NEVER be a minivan driver. With that said I know lots of my friends have crossed over into minivan land recently and sadly admit that its their dream vehicle. And as we prepare for a 3 day weekend at the beach I must admit I understand why....

Babies = a TON of stuff

Now, I will say that this summer we are schlepping down a considerably smaller amount of baby gear than last summer. Sophia was only a few months old for our first beach trips last year so we took TWO SUVS. Yes for a family of 3 and a dog. 2 large vehicles. Why would we do this? Here's why:

PNP (Pack and Play- aka portable baby crib)
Stroller
Bathtub
Bumbo Seat
Toys
Play Mat
Diapers
Monitors
Clothes
Bottles
Formula
Baby Food
Bibs
Diaper Bag
Boppy (baby pillow for feedings)

Plus you know all of our stuff and a 70 lb dog. It was great. Plus once we got down there I obsessively worried about the sun. Because you can't put sunblock on babies under 6 months of age and they overheat easily. So much of my beach time was spent...inside.

This summer we are bringing 1 bag each, 1 baby toy bag, 1 stroller, 1 PNP, and 1 bag of misc. baby stuff. It will all fit in the cargo area.  Oh and of course Bill's surf board on the roof. Nice. (70 lb dog will not but thats what in laws are for, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment