Friday, August 23, 2013

Why Haven't I Blogged in Year and a Half....

Because I've been too busy living life to blog about it :)

I probably won't regularly blog after this but I figure why not take a few minutes to reflect on the past year and a half. When I left all my readers (yes all 7 of you) I had just fessed up to being lazy and had taken the very beginning baby steps in my journey to change and be healthy and happy.

Well good news, I am indeed healthy and happy. And I took a path that I never would have expected to get there. Before I go into how I basically joined a cult and changed my life, let me tell you a few things I didn't do to get to this place.

1. I did not continue to obsess about the scale. That thing is the devil people. It makes you define yourself by a number. Stop giving it power.



2. I did not beat myself up when I fell off the proverbial wagon. And yes I sure did and continue to do so. Went on vacation, ate like a linebacker, feel guilty and guess what...I moved on. I'm eating clean again. Its that simple.

3. I did not worry about what other people thought about me. I stopped caring what other people thought as I huffed and puffed by them while "running" ( I use that word loosely, I'm more of a yogger...almost a jogger). I decided that it didn't matter what size I was I was going to wear spandex shorts because damn it they are comfortable to work out in. If people have the time to judge you while you work out, they aren't working out hard enough.

4. I didn't punish myself. I had to learn that this is a process, a lifestyle, not a diet or temporary phase. Being healthy and fit means committing to it until its no longer a commitment but a part of who you are. If I eat french fries (and I love me some french fries....mmmm Five Guys) then I eat some fries. Guess what, not the end of the world. No need to get down on myself. What purpose does that serve? To that end, I also still struggle to NOT reward myself with food. "Oh I killed that work out today, I totally deserve Five Guys" (I really do have a thing for Five Guys lol).


5. Finally I did not give up. I am still going. I still have a long way to go to where I want to be. I have little goals along the way. I have stopped giving myself deadlines for progress. All that did was bum me out if I didn't reach them. I basically have a bucket list of things I would like to slowly accomplish. I will get to all of them as I continue to grow and work hard.


one of my favorite quotes
Next time I remember to blog I will let you in on all the awesome things I have done in a year in a half :)

No comments:

Post a Comment