Monday, October 14, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 1 Musings and Whining

Today is Day 1 of my Whole 30 journey.  While I don't intend to blog everyday about this I figured I would jot down some thoughts on the first day so that I can reflect back....

So what I can tell you so far about Whole 30.
1) It could be called Whole Paycheck. Or Whole Night in the Grocery Store. I spent 2 hours and a lot of money buying food on Saturday night (yes I'm so cool) to prep and stock my fridge for this challenge. I leaned a lot about hidden sugars though I will say that.

2) I have been staring at a black cup of coffee for about 15 minutes. Just staring at it. I think I will eventually take a sip.... I love coffee. Coffee with creamer (i was using coconut milk creamer) and stevia. Yummy. OR my most favorite...Iced Grande Vanilla Latte from Starbucks. I could seriously live off of those things. But alas, for 30 days I will be drinking black coffee. I am predicting that I just stop drinking it all together and that the Starbucks baristas may call in a missing persons report for me....

3) Took a sip of the coffee....sad face.

4) I have a ton of food in my fridge. I have prepped NONE of it. Lol. I need to get on that or I am going to be relegated to eating hard boiled eggs and raw carrots all day.

5) I ate TERRIBLY all weekend. Worse than I have in a long time. I topped it off with a creamy shrimp pasta dish at Carrabas after a day of drinking beer at a Ravens game and then a night cap of Swedish fish. Yes really. At first I thought it was awesome. Then I got so full and grossly bloated and I felt terrible. Before I went to bed last night I was thinking how glad I was that I was going to rid my body of all the toxins I ate this weekend....
Now I just want some creamer in my damn coffee.

6) I can do anything for 30 days. I will feel great in 30 days. Maybe even late next week. This week is going to suck. It just is. But I will be fine....the rest of you, well I would avoid looking me directly in the eye on Thursday or Friday.


2 comments:

  1. I miss my greek yogurt terribly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I tried coconut milk in my coffee. It helped but its just not the same.

      Delete