Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pregnancy Brain is serious business

I once heard a colleage refer to "placenta brain" as her excuse for not doing something correctly. I mentally rolled my eyes and thought "Yeah right, whatever". Well I take that back..

Just this week alone I have done some truly ridiculous things that I thought I was not capable of. However as I read all of my fancy pregnancy books, I found out a a few startling things....mostly that your brain cells actuallly DECREASE during pregnancy. Thats right...I am truly not as smart as I used to be.

Case in point...Tuesday morning: Got up, Got ready for work, fed the dog, warmed up the car and drove to work. Only realizing that I had left the house without my ENTIRE PURSE! Seriously??? In the past I would have thought...fluke. But no. Today I left without a jacket...its 35 degrees out. Tonight on my way home, my gas light came on which in my car involves the car repeatedly telling me I am out of gas. So, I drove right by the only gas station on the way home. Brilliant.

I hope Sophia is putting all of my brain cells to good use...I clearly am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment