Tuesday, December 29, 2009

reality and television

So lately I have taken to watching reality television shows about pregnancy and babies. Currently, I am watching "Make Room for Multiples" and feeling very lucky to only have one baby cookin inside me. Four newborn babies seems like a form of punishment. Yesterday I watched "Obese and Pregnant" which made me feel better about my moose-like state. I was happy to see many things I would not have to deal with...complications due to obesity, gestational diabetes,etc. And I also found out yesterday that I passed my glucose test so that put me at ease.  I did decide the skip opportunity to watch the show about pregnant women who were involved in extreme accidents including but not limited to a bear attack and being shot!!!! Seriously. I have also watched "Teen Mom" a lot this week. I figure if 17 year old girls can give birth and raise children I can definitely do it. Also I have avoided "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" because of what I have watching I have been irritated by. Really 9 months of pregnancy and you have no idea?? Give me a break. Pregnancy has if anything made me more blatantly aware of what is going on with my body than every before. And as pregnancies go I think I have had it pretty easy.
In my reality, I am getting closer to being ready.  Signed up for Childbirth and Infant Care classes. Start the childbirth class next Wednesday night....little anxious about that. I know the reality of labor is going to be staring me right in the face. I have been avoiding this very thing for 31 years. No way out now! I am looking forward to the Infant Care workshop. I will feel more prepared once professionals show me how to feed, bath, diaper and swaddle. They also help with breastfeeding basics. This all will be a great help.
I painted the nursery this past weekend. (Don't worry, I painted with all the windows open wearing a mask and with my doctor's permission) The nursery is officially covering in "pixie violet". Its bright and cheery and I like it. At first I felt like it needed to be pastel, but you know what I am not a pastel kind of person. I like it. I have come to the conclusion that not everyone will like my decisions for decorating or even parenting but I am going to do my best, my way. Thats the way it should be for every parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment