Thursday, January 6, 2011

next chapter indeed

Well tomorrow my "baby" will be 9 months old. She has been an outside baby as long as she was an inside baby. She is crawling, "talking', pulling up on things, clapping, laughing and really becoming her own little person. Its amazing.
Obviously I haven't blogged since April and its January...the months in between would be pages of thoughts, tears and craziness. I will sum it up as this:
Breastfeeding was not a success.
Postpartum depression is real and powerful.
Meds are good.
I have my own business.
I never want to go back to teaching.
Being a mom and a wife are natural. Finding yourself again can be tough.
Me time is a must and a must do more.

1 comment:

  1. What you've posted is real and true. And I'm glad that others feel and realize that going through a pregnancy, giving birth, attempting to breastfeed and coping with PPD is far from a walk in the park. When you're going through all of that, at the same time after having your entire life/world change by having given birth, you feel alone and lost. Not to mention questioning yourself and your actions. What pulled me through? Having the most supportive, spectacular, loving, caring, and incredibly patient husband. Also, looking down at my baby girl while holding her and smiling. Because although each day is a challenge, there's no obstacle that I couldn't/can't overcome having her love and Charlie's love. Love will pull you through. :)

    ReplyDelete