Saturday, January 8, 2011

sleeping in

Sleeping in has taken on a completely new meaning. FIrst of all I am very lucky that Bill likes to have "daddy-daughter" time on the weekend mornings and lets me sleep while he gets up with Sophia. He is the best. But sleeping in is just not as easy as it used to be. I have to close the bedroom door and turn on the bathroom fan to block out any noise because if I hear Sophia up, I can't sleep. Either I miss her or I feel guilty that I am sleeping. But seeing her little face light up because I walked into the room is worth another hour of sleep :)

1 comment:

  1. I can totally empathize with the comment "....either I miss her or I feel guilty I am sleeping". I feel it's a natural Mommy feeling, however we DO deserve to sleep in! Kids go through stages of their own sleeping in on some days just like they go through growth spurts. I've learned over the course of 3 years and 8 months that sleeping in isn't like it used to be. I too have a husband that enjoys "daddy-daughter" time which allows me to sleep in on Saturday mornings but I never sleep past 9am. That would be a dream wouldn't it? :o)

    ReplyDelete